Director of Faith and Meaning, Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA
Provide religious and spiritual support and guidance for students and other members of the Franklin & Marshall community. Advocate for students and student groups of various faith communities.
• Coordinate pastoral care for students, faculty, and professional staff
• Coordinate on-call duties for pastoral care in crisis situations and follow-up care
• Provide guidance and support to Interfaith Council
• Train on the Transformational Intergroup Dialogue process
• Aid in facilitating workshops and discussions regarding social justice issues
• Educate the campus on the intersection between faith and meaning and social justice
• Assist in organizing regular faith and meaning events alone or in collaboration with student groups, faculty, and/or staff
• Liaison between F&M and faith communities in wider Lancaster County
• Participate in college ceremonies and services upon request
• Aid in facilitating communication between the various student religious groups on campus
• Provide support and guidance for student religious group advisers
• Identify opportunities for collaboration with students and other offices
This is a 10 month full time position.
Full-time members of the Franklin & Marshall College professional staff receive competitive starting pay and a comprehensive benefits package that includes health coverage, dental, vision, generous retirement savings plan contributions, education benefits for employees, spouses and dependent children, and enjoy access to all College facilities including dining venues to suit all tastes, recreation and fitness facilities, and libraries, plus access to College performances, lectures, and events.
A Master’s degree in Divinity, Counseling, or a related field is required.
• Working with college age students
• Advocating for students, and actively supporting their activism and spiritual growth
• Providing pastoral care or counseling in a professional position
• Although the applicant does not have to be ordained, he/she/they must have firm grounding in a faith tradition
The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
Because this position requires driving for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver’s license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of reference checks, a criminal background verification, and verification of credentials. The College will coordinate these verifications.
For more information and to apply, please visit www.fandm.edu/jobs.